1. This has got to be one of the least exciting draft weekends in recent memory - the no. 1 pick was settled well in advance, no draft day trades on the level of last year's Randy Moss stunner, no precipitous drop of a big name guy like we saw with Brady Quinn, most of the biggest picks were offensive or defensive linemen, and the most exciting player in the draft ended up in Oakland.
2. That said, it should be interesting to see Jake Long and Vernon Gholston face off as rivals again.
3. Years later, the Herschel Walker trade still amazes.
4. The Big Lead says that ESPN's coverage of the draft kills the suspense of watching it unfold. Then again, the fact that the NFL draft is a TV event at all is pretty ridiculous.
5. Don't look now, but the Tampa Bay Rays are tied for first place.
6. Speaking of baseball, why doesn't the MLB draft help create competitive balance in that sport? Baseball Prospectus explains a broken system.